Condoms or not...

What's supposed to happen on the wedding night? Will it hurt? What if I'm not a virgin? ...

Re: Condoms or not...

Postby venom51 » Thu May 05, 2011 4:46 am

Thanks for all the responses. It has been helpful. I like the sound of skin/skin the best but might bring some condoms just in case. Would a variety pack be worthwhile?
venom51
Twin size

Date of your marriage (past or future): July 3rd, 2011

Postby ledgemoor » Thu May 05, 2011 6:50 am

Sure, since they are more sex toys than birth control, good idea. Experiment. DW doesn't feel much difference with the ribbed. And I think french ticklers are more of a novelty than something that actually works tho. No doubt others will have had different experiences tho.

You can wear two to further deaden the sensation BTW.
ledgemoor
Blanket on a secluded beach!

Date of your marriage (past or future): June 2nd, 1982

Postby Job29Man » Thu May 05, 2011 7:09 am

I apologize for my earlier rant. I was out of line.
Whatever don't kill ya, just makes ya stronger. Except bears. Bears'll mess ya up!
Job29Man
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.

Date of your marriage (past or future): August 3rd, 1980

Postby venom51 » Thu May 05, 2011 8:51 am

If it does all finish within 20 seconds can you just keep going and wait for the next one?!
venom51
Twin size

Postby ledgemoor » Thu May 05, 2011 2:14 pm

If it does all finish within 20 seconds can you just keep going and wait for the next one?!

Well, you will lose your erection within seconds after you ejaculate. In our experience about all you can do is lie there and enjoy being together. If you don't try to thrust, your penis may stay in for a while before getting squeezed out.
ledgemoor
Blanket on a secluded beach!

Date of your marriage (past or future): June 2nd, 1982

Postby venom51 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:58 am

Wedding soon coming round.. going to get some condoms as we really need to make sure no accidents happen (unless it is Gods plan of course).

Are there any alternatives to condoms that could be used along with the pill as a second backup?
venom51
Twin size

Postby CollierAlda » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:25 am

It's depend on you what you decide my b/f using condom since long time.
CollierAlda

Postby venom51 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:59 pm

That's not really helpful thanks - spam account maybe?
venom51
Twin size

Postby frank » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:56 pm

venom51 wrote:My FW has recently started taking the pill as a form of birth control. I am still unsure as to whether I shall need to bring condoms on honeymoon. Under what circumstances does the guy need to use them if FW is on pill?

Any advice on whether to bring them/how many shall I bring/best kind for beginners. Thanks guys.

When we got married my wife had two years left of undergrade. So we weren't taking any chances and uses the pill, condoms and a spermacide. We new however that if God wanted us to get pregnant there was nothing we could do about it. The pill works great and ended up using it and the nuvaring for many years later becoming more risky and not using condoms.

Just remember antibiotics and some other things you take can knock it the pills efeectivness. That's how my brother had his first.
Please excuse the typos this is a portable device.
frank
King bed

Date of your marriage (past or future): December 30th, 2001

Postby MrsTom » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:40 pm

Another voice--like you needed one. This one of encouragement. Marriage is a good thing. Waiting until your life is affordable and perfect is not. I'm sure that having a baby would make things challenging, but if it weren't a baby in the mix it would be something else.

Just wanted to tell you that if you were my son/daughter and wanted to get married before finishing college, etc., I would be rooting for you and doing all I could to help you succeed.

You sound like a sane, responsible guy. I will be praying that you grow closer to each other and more sure of God's care in your marriage. BE BLESSED!

Also, FWIW. I despise condoms.

And, be very aware that most BCP's are not strictly contraceptive. Many have a secondary action to make the uterus hostile to a fertilized ovum (read: your baby) and act as an abortifacient.
When I told my hubby it's too bad he couldn't have a wife who had both a dirty mind and a clean house, he said he'd far prefer the former.
MrsTom
Queen bed

Date of your marriage (past or future): February 6th, 1990

Postby Superc » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:52 pm

venom, it sounds like you should be covered by the birth control pill. If you choose to back up with condoms, Trojan has worked best for us. And, there are some with spermacide that would provide even extra protection.

I understand that you were not asking a theological question regarding whether God approves of birth control. And, I understand that your plan is not to have children at this time.

I think you are being very mature and considerate to your bride by taking an active role in these decisions.
Superc

"Ya know, the nearer your destination, the more you're slip-slidin' away!" -Paul Simon
Superc
Hammock

Date of your marriage (past or future): November 2nd, 2002

Postby frank » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:21 pm

I don't know if there is a man alive that enjoys condoms! But the Ultra Thin and the ones that are supposed to be super thin aren't bad. If she is on birth control and you are using condoms as a back as I have done and do from time to time. You might water to dip into the waters to see what it feels liek from time to time but not finish there. Wife has not been on birth control for the past 9 months since our son was born and condoms have gotten old. But using a condom is better than not have sex at all!!! Right??? So I wouldn't complain to loud.
frank
King bed

Postby Brandy4293 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:47 pm

I remember doubting the pill when we were first married. Eventually we learned to trust it, just remember what others have posted about antibiotics making them ineffective. One advantage condoms offer, other than BC, they help to reduce the mess....ML is VERY fun but it can be very messy. Keep dry/damp bath cloths or cottonelle moist wipes nearby to clean up with and get ready to enjoy more! Another tip is that if you O and stay PIV for awhile afterwards, you may loose your condom when you withdraw, :roll: and....then you have to go find it, which can be kind of fun! :mrgreen: Before his vasectomy my DH always used Trojan ultra sentive. While you're getting your condoms, look for the Durex vibrating ring, it's cheap and could be fun. Congratulations and have fun!
still learning
Brandy4293
Twin size

Date of your marriage (past or future): April 1st, 1994

Postby venom51 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:46 am

Thanks all. I'd love to go without a backup plan and I still would try the 'get out of there' method before ejaculation but I really would try and do all we can to avoid pregnancy while my wife is still involved in studies.

If it is meant to happen it will happen regardless though and we are well aware of that.
venom51
Twin size

Postby frank » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:25 am

venom51 wrote:Thanks all. I'd love to go without a backup plan and I still would try the 'get out of there' method before ejaculation but I really would try and do all we can to avoid pregnancy while my wife is still involved in studies.

If it is meant to happen it will happen regardless though and we are well aware of that.

Sounds exactly like us.
frank
King bed

Postby blushingwife » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:43 am

Condoms aren't fun at all
Last edited by blushingwife on Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blushingwife
Under the stars

Date of your marriage (past or future): June 14th, 1997

Postby frank » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:38 pm

I am hoping the pill has kicked in for us because we went without the condom.
frank
King bed

Previous

Return to What Do I Need to Know About Sex? (Engaged)