Christian Nymphos

What marriage resources have been helpful or encouraging to you?

Christian Nymphos

Postby pastorf » Sat May 15, 2010 7:24 am

Does anyone know anything about this site?? http://christiannymphos.org/
It keeps taking me to World Press or something when I click on a link. Any insights?
Pastor F

Have you thanked your Pastor today?
pastorf
Twin size

Re: Christian Nymphos

Postby Leah » Sat May 15, 2010 7:28 am

I like them. I'm not sure what you're seeing, but your link works just fine for me.
Leah

“I have learned now that while those who speak about one's miseries usually hurt, those who keep silence hurt more.”--C.S. Lewis

TMB Copyright and Fair Use
Leah
Under the stars

Date of your marriage (past or future): November 3rd, 1979

Postby luvinher » Sat May 15, 2010 12:24 pm

Their website is hosted at wordpress and for many years was accessible at just
christiannymphos.wordpress.com, so it seems recently they have gotten their domain act together and pointed it at their wp subdomain.

No biggie. Maybe in transition they had something screwed up but it seems like its working right right now.
Last edited by luvinher on Sat May 15, 2010 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
luvinher
King bed

Postby etainmidir » Sat May 15, 2010 2:08 pm

Are you asking about the site itself? Or just the link problems you are experiencing?

Regarding the site itself: I like it. DH and I especially like their "Position of the Week" feature.
etainmidir
Queen bed

Date of your marriage (past or future): August 26th, 1989

Why is "Christian Nymphos" not offensive?

Postby Job29Man » Sat May 15, 2010 2:49 pm

I just thought of something. Why is there a niche for a "Christian Nymphomaniac" site? On TMB I often hear "Don't stereotype, don't say that men want sex more than women! That's ignorant/offensive when you make those generalizations." If this is true then it will be self-evident. Why the need for a site that says "We are wives who love sex!"?

How odd would that be to have a blog/site called "Christian Studs"? Or "Christian Husbands Who Love Sex"?

Personally I'm all for the Christian Nymphos site. Just wondering why we don't automatically think "That's ODD!"
Last edited by Job29Man on Sat May 15, 2010 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Surefire marriage formulae don't exist. But Biblical principles about human nature and marriage do exist, and should be heeded. We ignore them at our peril.
Job29Man
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.

Date of your marriage (past or future): August 3rd, 1980

Re: Why is "Christian Nymphos" not offensive?

Postby Leah » Sat May 15, 2010 2:56 pm

Job29Man wrote:Personally I'm all for the site. Just wondering why we don't automatically think "That's ODD!"

You know what they say about "Only bad girls like sex."
Leah

“I have learned now that while those who speak about one's miseries usually hurt, those who keep silence hurt more.”--C.S. Lewis

Leah
Under the stars

Re: Why is "Christian Nymphos" not offensive?

Postby Seekryt » Sat May 15, 2010 3:02 pm

Job29Man wrote:I just thought of something. Why is there a niche for a "Christian Nymphomaniac" site? On TMB I often hear "Don't stereotype, don't say that men want sex more than women! That's ignorant/offensive when you make those generalizations." If this is true then it will be self-evident. Why the need for a site that says "We are wives who love sex!"?

How odd would that be to have a blog/site called "Christian Studs"? Or "Christian Husbands Who Love Sex"?

Personally I'm all for the site. Just wondering why we don't automatically think "That's ODD!"

It's actually not so much geared towards "We are women who love sex" as it is towards "We are Christian women and we are allowed to love sex!".
Help Support TMB!

Always know where your towel is.
Seekryt
On the floor

Date of your marriage (past or future): July 4th, 1999

Postby mr. emu » Sat May 15, 2010 4:31 pm

pastorf wrote:Does anyone know anything about this site?? http://christiannymphos.org/
It keeps taking me to World Press or something when I click on a link. Any insights?

At least one of the Christian Nymphos is a member here ... my guess is that she/they may respond to your post. If I remember correctly, this site was one ot their inspirations for starting theirs. They figured their audience would be primarily female, but they've learned differenty, which has led them to discuss openly w/ their readers if/how they should publish the feedback that comes from men. I think it's pretty good stuff that they share ... hope that's helpful.
mr. emu
King bed

Postby Job29Man » Sat May 15, 2010 4:51 pm

I'm a bit of a fan myself. And I'd never challenge the site. It's cool. But just a bit of a mind bender for a minute there where I was thinking how odd it would be to have a site for men who love sex with their wives. Everyone would be thinking "Well, duh!"

So does it mean that there is something to the "stereotype" that wives statistically run out of sexual steam long before husbands do? It's not necessary for individuals to jump in with anecdotes about "Not me!" I'm talking about stereotypes derived from the culture of hundreds of millions of people. I'm finding irony in the cultural implications here.
Surefire marriage formulae don't exist. But Biblical principles about human nature and marriage do exist, and should be heeded. We ignore them at our peril.
Job29Man

Postby jokerman » Sat May 15, 2010 5:00 pm

The name is attention-getting because "nymphos" isn't often associated with Christians. The kind of woman who might be described as a nympho would more likely be someone who's a member of a group that is perceived as highly sexually active, such as a college student or a single urban professional. Married religious women aren't often thought of as obsessively sexual, thus the clever pairing of the words "Christian" and "nympho" results in a memorable URL.
jokerman
Under the stars

Date of your marriage (past or future): August 15th, 1987

Postby Leah » Sat May 15, 2010 5:11 pm

Job29Man wrote:So does it mean that there is something to the "stereotype" that wives statistically run out of sexual steam long before husbands do? It's not necessary for individuals to jump in with anecdotes about "Not me!" I'm talking about stereotypes derived from the culture of hundreds of millions of people. I'm finding irony in the cultural implications here.

I don't think there is anything to the stereotype.

I think we're looking at the damage done by false teaching in the church.
Leah

Leah
Under the stars

Postby Paul B » Sat May 15, 2010 5:15 pm

The CN site is a sort of spin-off from TMB. Most if not all of the original half dozen or so ladies who started the site had spent time here.

My personal opinion is that they go about 115% as far as I would advocate, but they are in no way past what I would call wrong. Our differences are minor and not something I can prove biblically.

All in all I like what they do, and I think they fill a great niche.

Paul
Paul B

Location: The Inland Empire - north of Spokane, south of Canada
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 27th, 1985

Postby Job29Man » Sat May 15, 2010 6:30 pm

I'm for it! :D
Job29Man

Postby cinnamonsticks » Mon May 17, 2010 7:45 am

I am available to answer any questions you may have and will try to remember to come and check this thread.

Regarding our name, if you read our home page titled "What we stand for" it will explain why we chose the name we did. Right off the bat we do acknowledge that true nymphomania is a serious condition that we do not take lightly, but we chose to include it because prior to our awakening and finding like-minded women we often felt we could identify a little bit with the definition of nympho. Here is a quote from our homepage:
The definition of a nympho is “a woman with abnormal sexual desires.” Sometimes we do feel abnormal, and while sometimes it is with people who are not Christians it can also be when we are in groups of Christian women. Moms groups. Ladies Bible studies. A night out with our Christian girlfriends. It is not uncommon to hear women speaking negatively about sex. It is also not at all uncommon for us to hear people telling us that our sexual standards are rigid and uptight because we are so firm in our conviction that sex as God intended it is most intensely fulfilled within the marriage covenant.

Regarding why we would point out that we like sex as part of our url is because a lot of women in and out of the church are looking to be freed up in this area and for them, our site is available as a resource.
cinnamonsticks
~Committed to Spicy Sex, as God intended~

http://christiannymphos.wordpress.com/
cinnamonsticks
Double

Postby Job29Man » Mon May 17, 2010 8:11 am

And thank you very much for your ministry. The name is catchy and causes good, thought-provoking conversation and consideration.
Job29Man

Re: Christian Nymphos/Job's quandry

Postby lookin2Him » Mon May 17, 2010 8:39 am

Job, I see where you are coming from-kind of like the phrase "hot water heater"-you don't heat hot water!! Why have a site geared towards men who love sex???? Don't they all? (Those who read here regularly know of those women who have deep hurts in this area.) I have been to CN, and I can see Paul's and your points, but overall a good site for women who go there. Keep it up ladies.
lookin2Him
King bed

Date of your marriage (past or future): July 12th, 1989

Postby jokerman » Mon May 17, 2010 8:50 am

lookin2Him wrote: Why have a site geared towards men who love sex????

I think that's the purpose statement for the entire Internet.
jokerman
Under the stars

Date of your marriage (past or future): August 15th, 1987

Postby Zietgeist » Thu May 20, 2010 10:24 am

I got a thread moved to the dead horse category once by talking about this site. :lol:
Zietgeist
Twin size

Date of your marriage (past or future): October 5th, 2003

Postby PS56 » Thu May 20, 2010 10:44 am

jokerman wrote:
lookin2Him wrote: Why have a site geared towards men who love sex????

I think that's the purpose statement for the entire Internet.

LOL. So true (unfortunately).
PS56
Under the stars

Date of your marriage (past or future): July 18th, 1979

Postby landschooner » Thu May 20, 2010 11:55 am

Its a good site. One of their founders is the one who explained sexual refusal to me. I'd never heard the term before. (this was like three years ago?)

I have to admit, I was a bit put off by their almost automatic flushing of even the most innocuous comments by men. "Male post - FLUSH." (in over 2500+ posts here,counting auto-pruned, I don't think I've ever once been accused of being harsh) But after they explained via pm their rationale to me - safe place for women to post without comments from men (which wasn't stated at the time) I understood. Its along the same vein as our "For Those who say No" forum. I never post there either. Sometimes, an explanation about how men think about a given subject, given by even the most sexually "awakened" woman, misses the mark (and vice versa -men explaining women etc) and I can tell they don't actually "get it" on some nuance, and I'm just dying to explain it.......BUT, that's what other places like TMB are for. I'd much rather a woman feel safe and encouraged in her marriage than to be discouraged by my input on some small point.

Anyway - Thank goodness for them and may the Lord bless their ministry. : )

LS
landschooner
Under the stars

Date of your marriage (past or future): August 17th, 1991

Next

Return to Marriage Books, Resources, Sites