Ejaculation during Therapeutic Massage?

Any sexual problems or difficulties not listed in a specific section.

Ejaculation during Therapeutic Massage?

Postby happilymarriedinmass » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:33 pm

My wife came home last week and told me that two of her work colleagues were licensed Therapeutic Massage Therapists at a local spa, and told her that as many as 20% of the male clients ejaculate during the massage. Every massage I have ever had did not cause such a reaction, and I am somewhat shocked that the therapists put up with this behavior. (The affected clients are not masturbating, just stimulated enough to cause an erection and "spitting" as the therapists describe).

Seems to me like this is very unfair for the therapists to have to put up with, as both are happily married women just earning a few more dollars. Am I crazy or is this much more common that I ever thought possible?
DH to DW "I'll give you 24 hours to stop that" ;-)
happilymarriedinmass
Twin size

Re: Ejaculation during Therapeutic Massage?

Postby Mr. Rkt » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:39 pm

Absolutely not. This is not acceptable.

My grandfather was a licensed massuer in Ohio. He actually got his license on the GI bill after WWII. He was VERY careful to make sure everyone understood that it was all about muscles, recovery, health, etc. He did not encourage this type of reputation at all, and recoiled at the supposition that massage had ANYTHING to do with sexual release.

I am sorry to hear that a responsible profession has been smeared by this description.
Could I have this dance for the rest of my life?
Mr. Rkt
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.

Postby jokerman » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:56 pm

How is it even possible that someone touching your shoulders or neck could cause a reaction that far away?
jokerman
Under the stars

Date of your marriage (past or future): August 15th, 1987

Postby Oliver Twist » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:46 pm

Good question jokerman. Could it be that these "happily married" therapists are massaging a little closer to the P. then they are letting on. If they are just doing this to earn a few more dollars, are the 20% that ejaculate better tippers? I do not mean to accuse the innocent, but it sounds like there might be a little more to this story than meets the eye. Perhaps the OP's DW can ask her therapist friends for a few more details. :wink:
Oliver Twist
King bed

Postby Seawolf » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:25 pm

I have only had one massage, so I am far far far from being an expert. It was much more relaxing than I thought. I was lying on my stomach the entire time, but did, for a few moments have an erection. It was NOT going to be enough to ejaculate.
Seawolf
Double

Date of your marriage (past or future): April 11th, 2001

Postby Mr. Rkt » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:39 pm

Yes, I've certainly heard of erections during massage. Massage therapists are trained to be professional about that. But not orgasm.
Mr. Rkt

Postby King Charming » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:40 pm

jokerman wrote:How is it even possible that someone touching your shoulders or neck could cause a reaction that far away?

Depends on the massage. I've had "full body" massage, but that doesn't include anything that would normally be covered by your underwear, though some will work pretty low on the back into the upper gluteal area. In a sexual situation, my thighs are pretty erogenous, but I've never, never been sexually aroused during a massage of any kind. I'm in an entirely different frame of mind when I go for a massage. I have tight muscles and little pains that I'm very happy to have worked out. I would think that anyone who becomes sexually aroused during a massage has their mind somewhere other than the clinical benefits of a massage!
Princes don't have to change diapers and wash dishes.
King Charming
Hammock

Postby gardenbunny » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:15 am

I actually work as a massage therapist in a chiropractic office right now, and I have *never* had anyone ejaculate. If they did, I would be really horrified!
gardenbunny
Double

Postby Job29Man » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:51 am

I'd think that an instruction to "please point yourself down" or some such thing would stop all that. Harder to have and erection in that position.
Whatever don't kill ya, just makes ya stronger. Except bears. Bears'll mess ya up!
Job29Man

Date of your marriage (past or future): August 3rd, 1980

Postby King Charming » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:06 pm

Job29Man wrote:I'd think that an instruction to "please point yourself down" or some such thing would stop all that. Harder to have and erection in that position.

::huh
Princes don't have to change diapers and wash dishes.
King Charming
Hammock

Postby Mr. Rkt » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:05 pm

Job, it's not really like that. When I was in university, I used to visit my grandfather while he worked, as long as his clients didn't mind, and they never did. He did deep tissue massage, and often worked on the thighs and buttocks and lower back. They went to the table either nude or wrapped in a towel. His older clients were more often nude, and the younger ones more modest. He started on the front, and the towel covered them the whole time. When they flipped over, he positioned the towel so that it could be removed from the back, and replaced before they got back up.

Most of the men who were 30 and up (this was in the 1980's) were comfortable completely nude with him, and most of the ones younger than that were more modest and used the towel.

He explained to me that erections sometimes happened as a natural result of the relaxation, but that it could hardly be called "arousal." He just acted as if it never happened, and went about his task. I always considered it a matter of respect that he never acknowledged or mentioned it. He was a true professional, and very good at what he did.
Mr. Rkt

Postby Oliver Twist » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:30 pm

gardenbunny wrote:I actually work as a massage therapist in a chiropractic office right now, and I have *never* had anyone ejaculate. If they did, I would be really horrified!

My point exactly. I have received many theraputic massages at the chiropractic office and I do not ever recall getting an erection.

In the case of a male masseur working with male clients, such as Mr. Rkt's grandfather, it seems unlikely that a client would become excited enough to ejaculate unless he were attracted to the same sex.

While a spontaneous ejaculation is possible if a man is sufficently sexually stimulated. It is unlikely that he would receive that kind of stimulation while receiving a truly theraputic massage in a clinical setting like a chirorpractic office.

Which all leads me to suspect that these two female therapists must be doing something to arouse their male clients. They may be doing a little hands on work on the P. or very near it to be getting these results.
Oliver Twist
King bed

Postby Mr. Rkt » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:01 am

Oliver Twist wrote:While a spontaneous ejaculation is possible if a man is sufficently sexually stimulated. It is unlikely that he would receive that kind of stimulation while receiving a truly theraputic massage in a clinical setting like a chirorpractic office.

Which all leads me to suspect that these two female therapists must be doing something to arouse their male clients. They may be doing a little hands on work on the P. or very near it to be getting these results.

Grandpa worked at a busy athletic club. His clients were both male and female, though I only sat in on the male ones. According to him, erections happened in a small minority of cases, but they were not exactly uncommon. They were primarily in younger clients, which led him to believe that they were simply spontaneous, the result of becoming so relaxed. They had nothing to do with sexual arousal.
Mr. Rkt

Postby MarriedKansas » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:23 am

I'm a male in my 60's. In my wild days, I had some "happy endings" massages. It was something sleazy massage parlors did, and you always knew which ones did from their ads and the young pretty girls working there left no doubt as to their "services". Later in life, I had therapeutic massages for back problems (I still do sometimes), and therapeutic massage are NOTHING like "happy endings" massages. Often during therapeutic massages I involuntarily become somewhat aroused even to the point of a "semi", but never full erect. Once or twice, I leaked a little pre-lube, a tiny amount. I attribute that to the therapeutic massage having a sensual element by its nature, i.e. I'm a male and female was rubbing on me - a natural reaction. I never obtained a full erection, not even close. Then again, I'm not a teenager or even in my 20's or 30's - perhaps a male of that age might get erect from a lower back rub, it could happen to some, but that's a longgggggggg way from ejaculation.
My personal belief is that if 20% of the "therapeutic" massage end up in ejaculation, then something else is going on.....its takes a lot to get that thing to fire off, usually direct physical stimulation.
Him
MarriedKansas
Twin size

Date of your marriage (past or future): December 24th, 2006

Postby happilymarriedinmass » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:02 am

I am sure the MTs have no such desire for this to be happening with clients. As I said earlier, I thought this was way out of the norm from anything I had heard or experienced, and was interested to find out this was "very unusual". Not that TMB could be said to be a statistically unbiased location for a poll on this topic. :D
DH to DW "I'll give you 24 hours to stop that" ;-)
happilymarriedinmass
Twin size

Return to Other Sexual Changes, Challenges & Difficulties