How can I set all posts as read?

Rules and guidelines, and how to do things. Have a question about how the boards work? Here's an answer.
Paul B
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 27th, 1985
Location: The Inland Empire - north of Spokane, south of Canada

How can I set all posts as read?

Postby Paul B » Sat Mar 13, 2004 3:01 pm

If you have been off the boards for a while, you may have hundreds of unread posts. This makes the View posts since last visit method pretty useless.

To mark all posts as read, click on the "TMB boards main page" link at the top of any page. Got to the bottom of the page. Above the "Who is Online" section is a "Mark all forums as read" link.

Grace

Postby Grace » Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:33 am

I wasn't sure where to post this question, but it kind of relates here. I am often interrupted during the time I spend reading through the new posts. It is frustrating to me because I usually have to log off (for privacy reasons or someone else needs the computer, etc. etc.) Then I lose my opportunity to check out all the remaining new posts. Since I am fairly technologically challenged, can anyone tell me if there is a way I can avoid this problem and somehow save those posts for another time?

JOJO

Postby JOJO » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:03 am

I have the same problem.

InGodsGrace
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 9th, 1999

Postby InGodsGrace » Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:15 pm

I do too!!!!!!!! And it's HIGHLY annoying! Some days/certain hours you can refresh and refresh and it'll be the same list, but refreshed with new posts etc. But other days/times it will give you the no new posts! (Iknow it probably depends on the server at that time, or the amount of people on the board) but it's still annoying!

Paul B
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 27th, 1985
Location: The Inland Empire - north of Spokane, south of Canada

Postby Paul B » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:55 pm

At the moment there is no good way to deal with this. I have some ideas on a way to let users reset their last login time, which would allow you to "start over". But it'd going to take some serious hacking and learning more about mySql, so it won't happen any time soon.

<>< Paul

Return to “Rules, Guidelines, How To's and FAQ's”