So guess who else has low T?

Low or no sex drive?
OldMarriedLady
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 7th, 1983

So guess who else has low T?

Postby OldMarriedLady » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:54 pm

Me!

My physical drive for sex has really plummeted since my awakening about two years ago. I'm finding it increasingly difficult to get sufficiently aroused and/or lubricated and have to work really hard for O's. Most times I'm too tired for sex, and actually a little relieved sometimes when DH avoids me. (Never thought I'd see the day that I DIDN'T want to be desired. :| ) I have no urge to MB, ever - the thought of it makes me tired. I also have incredibly persistent abdominal fat which is characteristic of estrogen dominance, and I seem to be a lot more emotional/weepy than usual these days.

I've noticed how much DH's overall health and attitude (and weight!) have improved since he started taking testosterone, and I've wanted to get my hormones looked at for awhile now to see if I was needing some adjustments. I finally found a doctor specializing in biodentical hormone therapy who is in our insurance network (yay!) and he ran some blood tests on me last week. I not only have low T (mine was 26, normal range for ladies is 35-90), I also have low estrogen (which is bizarre because I've been taking Premarin daily since 1997), low progesterone, and low T3. He also said I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, which I believe is the medical term for "I'm dog tired all the time". :mrgreen: He suggested I start taking more Vitamin D and B12, and prescribed some compounded creams for the hormones and a pill for the T3. I'm really excited to start this therapy and see if my health improves (and if I get my libido back). :P Even though this doctor is in our network, the actual prescription creams aren't covered, but the compounding pharmacy called me today to let me know it would be about $50 a month. I know I can cut back on a few things and come up with that.

I'm on a temporary assignment at my job (covering for another supervisor who's out for surgery) that is really wearing me out - much more physical exertion than I'm used to. I also have to start 2 hours earlier in the morning which means getting up at 3:00 AM. My body clock is all out of whack and my mealtimes are off, and I think that's contributing to my exhaustion. Hopefully only another month until I'm back at my regular job (and the T should be kicking in by then too).

I guess this is the year I finally get my "stuff" together and get healthy - mentally and physically!
"When you love them, they drive you crazy - because they know they can."
(From the 1987 movie "Moonstruck", written by John Patrick Shanley)

Leah
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 3rd, 1979

Re: So guess who else has low T?

Postby Leah » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:59 pm

That's a lot of meds. How do you feel about that?
Leah

“I have learned now that while those who speak about one's miseries usually hurt, those who keep silence hurt more.”--C.S. Lewis

TMB Copyright and Fair Use

OldMarriedLady
Under the stars

Postby OldMarriedLady » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:09 pm

Leah in Mid-South wrote:That's a lot of meds. How do you feel about that?

Overwhelmed! :lol: No, not really. Heck, I'm already taking a huge pile of pills every morning (and a handful every night); throwing another one or two on the pile doesn't bother me. DH and I laugh about our kitchen counter looking like a pharmacy - between the two of us we're on probably 20 different meds/vitamins. :shock: If they make me feel better and keep me healthy (and sane), I'm happy to keep taking them.

Leah
Under the stars

Postby Leah » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:13 pm

What will you be doing this year toward improving your health? Did the doctor recommend any books or websites?
Leah

“I have learned now that while those who speak about one's miseries usually hurt, those who keep silence hurt more.”--C.S. Lewis

OldMarriedLady
Under the stars

Postby OldMarriedLady » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:23 pm

No - he just told me to keep exercising, get WAY more sleep than I do now, and gave me a suggested diet plan for healthy eating (he's big on proper nutrition).

Leah
Under the stars

Postby Leah » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:25 pm

OldMarriedLady wrote:No - he just told me to keep exercising, get WAY more sleep than I do now, and gave me a suggested diet plan for healthy eating (he's big on proper nutrition).

You know I have been working hard to lose some weight. As my program lowers the calorie budget, I find myself making food choices with a lot more care.
Leah

hubbyforher
King bed

Postby hubbyforher » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:08 am

OML, I know how you feel on the lack of sleep. That's a hard one to fix with schedules and life.

I think if you get your hormones back in line, you're going to feel a LOT better. Incorporating some resistance training into any exercise regimen you're doing will also help with your hormone levels, but certainly can't "fix" things if something is broken.
MORE COWBELL!!

MI-SPELLERS OF THE WORLD UNTIE!!

handsomehubby

Postby handsomehubby » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:41 pm

I would encourage you to find more than balance in hormones. I have spent a great deal of my life in the morbidly obese category. Not 100% of my doing. 2.5 years ago we found a homeopathic doctor who wanted to find balance for everything. Blood sugar, testosterone, weight, calorie intake and quality and so on. In doing so I am down 100lbs. I have learned of several eating issues such as gluten intolerance that causes a variety of health issues. When I started I was on a total of 13 midications for 5 major health issues. I am now down to 1 medication and just a few supplements. I am down to only having Fibromyalgia and an issue with low testosterone in the winter time.

I encourage everyone I see who is trying to find that balance. Not just in one area, but in all areas of health. Their is no easy way, but the outcome is incredible.

OldMarriedLady
Under the stars

Postby OldMarriedLady » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:45 pm

So I've been on the hormones and thyroid med for 2 weeks now, and I have noticed some definite changes. The first one is acne :evil: , which I haven't had a problem with in decades. So far they're just very small blemishes but the painful kind. I don't normally wear makeup but I might have to start. :?

The other change I've noticed is that my mojo is BACK. :P DH looks even more delicious than usual and I find myself daydreaming about him (and certain parts of him :wink: ) off and on throughout the day. :shock: I can get physically aroused and in the mood now just by thoughts, and when DH adds physical touch to the equation, WOW. I'm thinking this isn't going to be a positive thing though, since DH's drive is still pretty low and I was already annoying him with my sex demands. I am trying very hard to not be pesty.

I'm still not sleeping very well most nights, but part of that is because of our cats ::arg - they really, really love me, especially in the middle of the night. Keeping the bedroom door shut does no good because they yowl and paw at the door then, plus the bedroom gets too cold. Maybe I'll need to erect a fence around the bed, or fashion a comforter with spikes on it. :lol:

Overall I feel pretty good though; I seem to have more energy and I've noticed I'm a lot friendlier at work than I used to be (which is a very good thing when working in retail). It's too early to tell how my weight is going to be affected, but if the acne and hyper-libido get to be too bothersome, I'll ask the doctor about lowering the T dose a bit.

Aura
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 19th, 2005

Postby Aura » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:53 pm

Glad to hear that things are going better for you!
And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. ~Galatians 6:9

wifeacacia
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 21st, 2003

Postby wifeacacia » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:02 pm

Thank you for sharing your experience OML. I'm listening and learning. :?
Glad your feeling so good again! :D

Return to “Lack of Desire”