Article: How To Fix A Marriage

What marriage resources have been helpful or encouraging to you?
Footballfan
Double

Article: How To Fix A Marriage

Postby Footballfan » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:36 pm

This is a really good article, mostly because it debunks the notion that is suggested in the title of the article - that you can just "fix" a marriage like it's a car that just needs a new starter or some air in the tire.

It also talks about something called a "growth mindset," when your marriage is in trouble. The article is How To Fix A Marriage.

doug-h
Fell out of ...
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 20th, 1982

Re: Article: How To Fix A Marriage

Postby doug-h » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:12 pm

That was a good article, but it really is pretty simplistic.

There needs to be real goals that you decide as an individual that you are going to make happen (bearing in mind that the only one you can change is yourself). Once a little bit of momentum is going, you can probably decide on some common goals.

It is one thing to say "I am going to do better, or be better". I t is another thing all together to define that and establish actionable items .

I am far from an expert on "fixing" marriages, but over time the last year and a half, I have learned to be a much better husband. It has done world's of good for my marriage.

Footballfan
Double

Re: Article: How To Fix A Marriage

Postby Footballfan » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:39 pm

doug-h wrote:That was a good article, but it really is pretty simplistic.

Some people are at a low point where all they can mentally and emotionally ingest is something simple.

Return to “Marriage Books, Resources, Sites”