Those who have left, those who will join us

Newsletters, happenings, and other stuff you might want to know about.
Paul B
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 27th, 1985
Location: The Inland Empire - north of Spokane, south of Canada

Those who have left, those who will join us

Postby Paul B » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:51 pm

In a goodbye thread, I saw this:

NNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Not another pillar of the forum!!! This is almost too much to take!!

I know the feeling. TMB has had some form of message board or list for 11 years now, plus a couple years before that when many of the originals here were together on AOL's Christianity Online Message Boards. I've had a hundred plus folks I loved leave, and as far as I know only one has made the whole journey with us. Yes, it's sad, and at times it makes it feel unsafe to connect to new folks.

I feel like an immortal who outlives all his friends - after a while you wonder if it's worth the pain of making friends. But I continue to think it is.

I have respect for those who know when it's time to leave, and do so with class. I also appreciate that when long time/high posters say goodbye, so folks know. We've had some major players dissapear without word, or ask to have all their posts pulled without a goodbye. Sometimes I suppose that is proper, but it leaves folks wondering.

I encourage all to continue to make TMB a safe, loving, and accepting place. Some of those who are joining today, or tomorrow, have all the potential of some of those we so dearly miss - but they need a chance. Others will never be a major part of our little community, but they have something to offer, or they desperately need something that we can offer them. Try to remember that this place is first and foremost a place of ministry, and we don't just allow, we request, that all do what they can to help others.

Paul

Return to “Board Announcements”