What to do about pubic hair?

What's supposed to happen on the wedding night? Will it hurt? What if I'm not a virgin? ...
Galatians220man
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 22nd, 2014

What to do about pubic hair?

Postby Galatians220man » Tue May 20, 2014 1:34 pm

Hello,

My first post here and the big day is 6 months away! My stunning fiance and I are both virgins and all we have done with each other is kiss.

I am wondering if I should remove my pubic hair prior to our wedding? I personally don't care what she does with hers as I just want her to be comfortable. What do you all think I should do? Obviously there is plenty of time, but wanted to see the thoughts of the females and others in here. Thank you!

VikingJ
Hammock
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 10th, 1996

Re: What to do about pubic hair?

Postby VikingJ » Tue May 20, 2014 1:38 pm

Ask your future wife.
It's that simple, her preference is all you should care about.

HisWarrior
Fell out of ...
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 2nd, 2002

Postby HisWarrior » Tue May 20, 2014 1:44 pm

I say leave it in its natural state and the two of you can decide after or during the honeymoon.

SquarePants
California King
Date of your marriage (past or future): December 10th, 2005

Postby SquarePants » Tue May 20, 2014 2:13 pm

No. Natural is probably the safest bet for a man. Stubble is a bad thing down there. If your hair is really long and bushy, you might consider trimming, but you can’t really go too wrong going natural.

I agree with HisWarrior. If she wants, you can do some trimming for her at a later time. Maybe trim a little more each day (possibly until you are bare), then decide what you both like best.

One-woman man
King bed

Postby One-woman man » Tue May 20, 2014 2:20 pm

HisWarrior wrote:I say leave it in its natural state and the two of you can decide after or during the honeymoon.

Good advice. It'll be fun deciding that together.
Honoring God in all things

dr_parsley
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): April 2nd, 2005

Postby dr_parsley » Wed May 21, 2014 2:02 am

Definitely don't shave, but if you have a forest you might feel more confident if you trim so it's neat.
"Deliver me from worldly dispositions, for I am born from above and destined for glory" - Valley of Vision
"They think it strange that you do not plunge with them into the same flood of dissipation" - Peter

Rally
Double
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 7th, 1989

Postby Rally » Wed May 21, 2014 6:53 am

As a man who keeps the manscape free and clear from all shrubbery, I'd recommend that you start your intimate lives as God made you. From there, the two of you can develop your desires and open discussion about them as you grow together. As Paul (not the apostle) said, "Let it be!"

- S

MrKDC
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 10th, 1991

Postby MrKDC » Wed May 21, 2014 11:26 pm

I agree with the other posts. Start off just the way you are.

Job29Man
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 2nd, 1980

Postby Job29Man » Thu May 22, 2014 2:58 am

Yup. Don't over think it.
Look around on TMB and read a lot for more good information.
Wanting to become like Job, as described in the Bible, the book of Job chapter 29. Hence the screen name.

Galatians220man

Postby Galatians220man » Thu May 22, 2014 2:54 pm

Thanks for the replies. I will have the conversation with her as we get closer to the big day. I'm probably in the minority, but I hope she goes mostly natural.

dlinace

Postby dlinace » Thu May 29, 2014 3:26 pm

Find out what she wants and keep it kept the way she likes it (even if that changes over time).

Galatians220man

Postby Galatians220man » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:31 pm

Update: we discussed and while she wasn't firm, she would definitely prefer if I shaved. We are both virgins and she has no experience even with fooling around, but she just does not like body hair at all. Wedding is in November so I started earlier this week and have some bad razor burn. Going to look around and see what I can learn so that I'm smooth for the wedding night.

I would rather not shave, but it's a small price to pay to please her.

Dale

Postby Dale » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:17 am

Go to your local Wal-Mart and pick up some Shave Secret. It comes in a small bottle, but will last a long time as you only use a few drops at a time. Then get a Gillette Fusion razor or better yet their new body razor for men. The Shave Secret does a great job of taking care of the bumps you have and will prevent future ones.

Dale

Galatians220man

Postby Galatians220man » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:16 pm

Thank you. Should I continue to "push through" the redness and keep shaving with a razor? I read elsewhere that part of the reason the redness and irritation occurs is because the skin isn't used to being shaved, but if you stay consistent, it will subside. Is that true?

Dale

Postby Dale » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:25 pm

Basically when you shave, you are essentially scraping nicking the skin, regardless of the location. Our skin varies in thickness on different areas of the body (for example, IIRC, the skin on the sole of the foot is 20 times thicker than on the face!). When you use something like Shave Secret, it eases the scraping significantly. You should see a real difference when you use that and the bumps will go away shortly even with repeated shaving.

Dale

Galatians220man

Postby Galatians220man » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:17 pm

Alright, I have been shaving (everything) for a month now, and with Shave Secret for about 2 weeks. Since starting with Shave Secret, the red bumps have not gotten worse (which they were before), and have stayed the same. They don't hurt or itch, they are just unsightly and are right above my penis. I have been shaving every other day with a Gillette Body razor-was having both with and against the grain, but have only been going with the grain the last couple.

Also, I have been applying some hydrocortisone cream.

Wedding is under two months and I don't want to have this ugly red patch there. What do you guys recommend? Stick with the same plan? Perhaps a couple of Brazilian waxes leading up to the big day?

Job29Man
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 2nd, 1980

Postby Job29Man » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:20 am

Personally I think every other day is too often, especially just starting out. Remember, this is not for public show but private. You can have some "stubble" and it's OK. What would happen if you drop down to once a week? Try it. I think you'd find your skin has had a chance to recover. 8)
Forget the brazilian wax, that's not for "down there." :lol:
Wanting to become like Job, as described in the Bible, the book of Job chapter 29. Hence the screen name.

ledgemoor
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 3rd, 1982

Postby ledgemoor » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:09 am

Galatians220man wrote:... she just does not like body hair at all.

That's great that you are willing to go outside what is normal for you to please her. I hope, by the same token, that she is willing to let herself grow out to whatever extent you desire.

I have never seen DW any way but 100% au natural, and it looks hot. There is a part of me that wouldn't mind her doing something different for variety once or twice, but totally bare would be a turn-off for me (a generational thing probably), and getting a Brazilian is too much to ask anyway. Ouch! People claim that pubic hair collects a woman's natural fragrance, and shaving/trimming lessens the scent. She smells just awesome there. So for that reason I will probably never ask her to do anything with it.

If she prefers you bare, that's one thing. If she wants to experiment and enjoy variety, excellent. But "not liking body hair at all" sounds like a problem to me. It's not too much of a stretch to apply “Do not call something unclean if God has made it clean” here. I would discuss this further with your fiancée and express that while you have shaved for her, you would like for both of you to experiment with different hair configurations down there. How does she know that she doesn't like mens' pubic hair when she has never experienced it?

Job29Man wrote:Personally I think every other day is too often, especially just starting out. Remember, this is not for public show but private.

Some men have a skin condition that makes it almost impossible to shave their face. I suppose the same could be true for other areas. If it comes to that I can't imagine that she wouldn't be OK with neatly trimmed.

BTW, what about your chest, legs, and arms? If you really wanted to be 100% hairless all the time, figure out how many hours out of your life you would spend maintaining that. It's bad enough that societal norms practically require women to shave their legs and underarms. I hope we don't add to that burden with other areas of womens' bodies and mens' bodies as well.
Everything you ever wanted in life is just outside your comfort zone (Jamie Lee Curtis)

Galatians220man

Postby Galatians220man » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:48 am

Thank you for the insight. I have "scaled back" the shaving a bit over the last week, but still no noticeable improvement. Will stick with it. Wish there was some killer product out there that could eliminate it.

Dale

Postby Dale » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:03 pm

Galatians220man wrote:Thank you for the insight. I have "scaled back" the shaving a bit over the last week, but still no noticeable improvement. Will stick with it. Wish there was some killer product out there that could eliminate it.

Might help to use some kind of moisturizing lotion on the area to help the shaving bumps heal. Once they do, using the Shave Secret will keep them from coming back. :D

Dale

Return to “What Do I Need to Know About Sex? (Engaged)”