Erection Challenges?: Try THIS!!! (L-Citrulline)

Erectile disfunction, premature ejaculation, delayed orgasm, etc.
ledgemoor
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 3rd, 1982

Re: Erection Challenges?: Try THIS!!!

Postby ledgemoor » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:27 pm

Well, preejaculate/Cowper's gland is part of it, but I think there's more to it than that. I also get wet behind my glans where the foreskin attaches. I know there is a second source because sometimes I am wet up top but not at the opening.

At any rate, until a few years ago I have always gotten wet long before ejaculation. When I was out on a date with a nice girl, no necking or anything, and of course no penile stimulation, I would still have a wet spot on my briefs before the evening was over. I didn't have to be erect for it to get wet. After marriage, I would always be wet before we started to make love. It isn't enough for sex, but enough for initial penetration if DW was already wet inside.
Everything you ever wanted in life is just outside your comfort zone (Jamie Lee Curtis)

MyWifesMan
Hammock
Date of your marriage (past or future): February 25th, 1989

Re: Erection Challenges?: Try THIS!!!

Postby MyWifesMan » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:35 pm

Update on the new L-Citrulline powder I've been taking: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008P4 ... UTF8&psc=1

It now seems to have kicked in rather well - but it took about 7 days. And one night I WOKE UP in the middle of the night with a ferocious erection, even though I had been very sleepy and tired. So it still works well for me, but apparently at a bit higher dosage than I had been taking with the capsules.

Again, I am in a process that has now shed about 30 lbs. There are about 11 lbs to go - unless I want to get thinner than would look good. So I really won't know what the powder might do until I stablize my weight and go back to a few more calories than present. I think my body is still in a bit of shock. Crazy, I don't think many people successfully lose much weight this time of year. And the rest should go much faster, as my Sunday night small group has now ended :D (absolutely KILLER meals and phenomenal deserts, EVERY meeting).

stowaway17
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 23rd, 1988

L-Citruline... pills? powder? brand?

Postby stowaway17 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:42 am

Dh is having issues with getting soft during love making. He just turned 48. He's never been tested for low-T. His cholesterol levels were elevated earlier this year, but have come down significantly and were nearly normal with his last blood work a few months ago.

If I get some supplements, he'll take them, but I've read a few threads on here and now my brain is spinning.

Does it really matter if I get powder or pills? I'm seeing these on Amazon:

Source Naturals powder http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0014GZOJG/ref=as_li_tf_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B0014GZOJG&linkCode=as2&tag=httpwwwpeakte-20 On the bottle the recommended dosage is 1 teaspoon (2.25g) twice a day.

Muscle Feast powder http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008P4BZPW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Nitric Oxide Complex http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BUTOKW4?psc=1

and Now Foods Citruline capsules http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BUTOKW4?psc=1

Your input is welcome.

I'm sad that this is happening, and even though I know in my brain it's not my fault, I feel incredibly undesirable. Knowing something and truly believing it are two different things. Last time we ML, he didn't finish but acted like he did. (I knew he hadn't because there was no evidence of ejaculate later.) That hurt. We need to talk about it, but I'm trying to figure out how to bring it up. Or maybe it's better not to? I don't know.

Thanks,

IM_a_Farmwife
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): September 24th, 1988
Location: We live in the wide open spaces of the beautiful Minnesota River Valley.

Re: L-Citruline... pills? powder? brand?

Postby IM_a_Farmwife » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:17 pm

My 56 yo DH got soft the first time last year. I was prepared for it because it happens to most men eventually. I told DH when he first became soft that I wanted to do oral on him so I could have him grow inside my mouth. I told DH that this has been a fantasy of mine for quite some time. I turned something that might have been a bummer and turned it into my fantasy. Let's just say he was just fine that night.

I had people from this community suggest a long term solution by having DH take a supplement. We picked up some L-Arginine 500mg capsules from Walmart. The brand name is Spring Valley. It's inexpensive. He takes one capsule per day usually in the morning with breakfast. This has produced wonderful results. DH is back to being rock hard when he wants to be. There is an added benefit. This supplement is also good for heart health. That's a bonus in my book. I hope this helps.

C_Brown
Fell out of ...
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 17th, 1984

Postby C_Brown » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:36 pm

I use these:
http://www.amazon.com/NOW-Foods-L-Citru ... ulline+now

3 pills twice a day. Does a great job.
So yes, I know that love is unconditional. But I also know that it can be unpredictable, unexpected, uncontrollable, unbearable and strangely easy to mistake for loathing -- Yvaine (in the movie Stardust)

MyWifesMan
Hammock

Postby MyWifesMan » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:59 pm

I've used both a powder form and the NOW pills like CB uses. I wouldn't say either is definitely superior. Although I believe the powder gives a lot more product for the money. I have noticed that I need a bit larger dosages than what originally worked well. It still works, however. If I plan on early morning sex, I think taking the second dose just before going to bed will wake you up with HARDwood. Also, I'm wondering if drinking lots of water with it is important? Anyone know?

MyWifesMan
Hammock

Surprising Erection Boost with L-Citrulline / L-Arginine Mix

Postby MyWifesMan » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:18 pm

I have recently started taking L-Citrulline combined with L-Arginine. And all I can say is WOW! The difference is startling. Where just the L-Citrulline alone would give me a fairly good erection, it wasn't consistently GREAT, but is did work pretty well. The new combination, about the 2nd day after beginning it, I started getting erections I've not had since I can remember - probably my early 30s. I was fatter, longer and actually curving up and back. I just couldn't believe it! And every morning now I'm waking up with significant wood. This morning, even though I had a VERY early kids basketball game to attend, I told DW I needed some relief before going. And I was ready to go again a short while after getting back home from the game. NO question it's working great.

I had been using just L-Citrulline (in capsule form) to improve the quality of erections and it initially worked remarkably. I had been taking the capsules at the rate of a total of 3,000 mgs per day (in two 750 mg capsules 2x/day), on an empty stomach. It worked REALLY good at first, and stayed fairly good but not as spectacular as the first couple of months. But it worked, and that was important. But I began to wonder if I was taking a high enough dosage, as many take a good bit more, many for workout enhancements. But the first thing I did was switch over to a powder form of L-Citrulline (at slightly more than my previous dosage) which gave me similar results to the capsules, but it was a good bit cheaper.

I began to read that many researchers think that L-Citrulline is considerably more effective when combined with L-Arginine. Here's one study (showed considerable gains in nitric oxide availability - the key to better erections that the aging body produces less and less of): http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0006291X14018178. Many using the powder combination I'm now using really gave them more energy and looking at several products, reviewers remark about the very noticeable sexual boost they received. Here's what I'm now using: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D94CIC2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Interestingly, the amount of L-Citrulline I now use is actually 1,000 mgs less per day. But I am taking in a total of 10,000 mgs of the L-Arginine - this dosage per the instructions. Many who work out with weights are taking this dosage. I do not know the optimum amount needed. It comes with a tiny scoop, of which they recommend two scoops per day.

I'll follow up on my progress. I may not need quite as much of the powder. And I wonder how many who initially tried just the L-Citrulline, without my success, actually either needed to try a higher dosage OR needed to try an L-Citrulline and L-Arginine combination? My new combination powder is labeled the "Cardio Health Formula" and many also remark that it significantly reduced their high blood pressure. While I certainly don't want to hype something, as I"ve had such astonishing results, I did want to share my excitement (no pun intended).

Really, I think I'm up for a third sex session when DW gets home. Gotta ride that wave when you catch it! :D

ledgemoor
Under the stars

Re: Erection Challenges?: Try THIS!!! (L-Citrulline)

Postby ledgemoor » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:35 pm

Thanks for the update and the good news.

It is my understanding that the reason you take L-Citrulline is to ultimately increase your L-Argenine,so what you are doing makes sense. The L-Citrulline is supposedly a safer way to get the L-Argenine. But like everything these days, the danger is probably overrated if it exists at all. If HRT were as dangerous as everyone says it is DW and I would be dead by now. Glad it is working for you! I haven't read your links yet but look forward to doing so.

The reviews of the bulk powders on Amazon.com are quite educational. Some people take a God-awful amount the of L-Citrulline. I see that one guy takes 15 g before every workout -- I am no longer worried about my 6/day. Other reviewers on Amazon are mixing L-CIt with L-Ar BTW.

Here's my update:

First of all, my problem of not getting lubricated just went away all of a sudden, no change to anything that I can think of. More preejaculate as well as more from the behind my glans. So thanks to God for that.

I switched from 1:1 to 2:1 L-Citrulline powder. The package stated that you need 1.5 teaspoons per 3 gr. I had been taking only 1 tsp, so probably was not getting as much as I thought. I increased to 1.5 tsp per day, and soon noticed things were a little better penis-wise on average. Not that I was having any problems before.

I do notice that I have been getting a little muscle soreness from workouts. But I have not been bicycling very much but going to spin class instead, which is way more strenuous actually. So again not sure if the 2:1 is any different or not. I'm assuming my increased dosage is not an issue here.

The 2:1 is less sour of course. Anyway, at this point, I'd say if money is an issue, stick with the 1:1. The price difference becomes less in larger quantities for some reason,less than $10 difference for a kilo. I will bicycling more and will probably still have some of my 2:1 left when race season starts, so will decide after that.

Enjoy riding the ... uh er ... waves, man!
Last edited by ledgemoor on Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Everything you ever wanted in life is just outside your comfort zone (Jamie Lee Curtis)

MyWifesMan
Hammock

Postby MyWifesMan » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:53 pm

Ledgemoor, I want to emphasize I am only taking the recommended dosage on the label. And I'm uncertain as to what my best dose is. Cost wise, I may get by with less. And if I notice any unusual symptoms, I'll most certainly suspect the new powder. But make no mistake about it, I knew when it kicked in because I immediately started getting erections that I was aware of during the night. Morning, as well! And I'm not getting just erections, but ones you almost want to measure, as they are just so much more robust. Many people on Amazon are raving about this supplement, and for a variety of health reasons.

ledgemoor
Under the stars

Postby ledgemoor » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:31 am

Sorry, my last post wasn't clear. I meant to say that Amazon people are taking a lot of L-Citrulline (as opposed to "stuff"). I corrected my post.

Thanks!

WifeLover79
Double
Date of your marriage (past or future): December 15th, 2001

Postby WifeLover79 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:17 am

MyWifesMan, how long before you started seeing noticeably fuller erections? Has it continued to have the same results?

MyWifesMan
Hammock

Postby MyWifesMan » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:40 pm

WifeLover wrote: MyWifesMan, how long before you started seeing noticeably fuller erections? Has it continued to have the same results?

Remember, I had been taking ONLY the L-Citrulline for quite awhile, but I had run out for about 36 hours. But within 48 hrs. of beginning the L-Citrulline/L-Arginine combination powder, the results were very obvious. Initially, until stimulated, I didn't FEEL the new combination's effect. But as soon as I was stimulated, I QUICKLY knew I was onto something wonderful, as I not only got hard, but a good bit harder than usual and standing up - to the point that I was curving upward, like when I was a kid. I can also feel the additional fullness and pump in the penis. It's still working exactly like that. Funny thing is, I can tell I am hanging fuller and I'm getting erections off and on throughout the night. This also inspires me to want sex a lot more. So, somehow, the combination of the two active ingredients produces much more available nitric oxide. The question is, could I take less than the recommended dosage and still have the same results. And the confidence difference in having a rock-hard erection, as opposed to just a serviceable one, makes your enjoyment and focus more exciting and rewarding.

Really, discovering just the L-Citrulline alone made me realize how much I wish people knew about nitric oxide and its diminshment's impact upon a man as he ages, as it's really amazing (and sad) so few know about this supplement. And now, the combination with the L-Arginine makes me realize it could be a real game changer for a lot of folks - and many who might not need to go the pharmaceutical route. Too many people have commented online about this combination's positives on their sex life for this not to be something many ought to at least try. It also makes me wonder if women taking it might improve circulation and energy?

WifeLover79
Double

Postby WifeLover79 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:44 pm

I just started taking L-Citrulline myself less than a week ago, so after a while I might add L-Arganine and see if I notice any difference. That's for the response!

MyWifesMan
Hammock

Postby MyWifesMan » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:17 pm

When I first began L-Citrulline, I think it took me about 5-8 days to see results. Make sure you take on an EMPTY stomach!

WifeLover79
Double

Postby WifeLover79 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:44 pm

Well, if yesterday when we got home from church, and again right before we went to a friend's Super Bowl party were any indication, I'd say I'm definitely seeing results.

MyWifesMan
Hammock

Re: L-Arginine / L-Citrulline Combo Update

Postby MyWifesMan » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:58 pm

Update on the L-Citrulline/L-Arginine combination I've been taking: (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D94CIC2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). This stuff works fantastic! MUCH better than my previous intake of the L-Citrulline only. It gives a me a very consistent, VERY robust erection. It comes with a small scoop that is gives 5,000 mg/L-Arginine and 1,000 mg/L-Citrulline per - directions say to take two scoops per day.

I am going to experiment, as I don't think I need quite as much as the directions recommend, because, unlike the L-Citrulline only, three days off of this stuff and I was still getting really good erections, if not as good as while on it (I had run out). The L-Arginine of my present combo must be the "big" difference (pun intended) because I'm only taking in 2,000 mg or the L-Citrulline per day, whereas with my previous L-Citrulline only, I was taking in 3,000 mg of L-Citrulline per day. So the L-Citrulline amount in the combo is 1,000 mg less per day, but the effect is tremendously better, apparently due to the addition of the L-Arginine. I wake up with wood every single morning. I also get unexpected erections during the day that I had long not experienced. It also gives me a very noticeable boost in energy.

So, if some of you might have tried L-Citrulline alone and had mediocre results, you might want to try my current powder combo. Heck, it works so well for me, I'm wondering is some who have gone a pharmaceutical route might could get by with this combo? It's also the best for the price I could find. Shipping is very quick, just three days without paying for an expedited shipping option.

Nvr2Late
On the floor
Date of your marriage (past or future): February 9th, 2013

Postby Nvr2Late » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:45 pm

Interesting update! I'll bring this up with DH again tonight.

Earl
Double
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 11th, 1987

Postby Earl » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:25 pm

I've been taking the citrulline previously mentioned by MWM and think it has been helpful although it hasn't been long enough to know for sure. I know that this is off topic, but any experience with DWs trying it? Seems like females could have MB-related benefit from improved circulation beyond a workout/energy enhancer. My DW plans to start taking it and I'll report back on any results.

brideshubby
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): December 31st, 1994

Postby brideshubby » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:55 am

I was wondering if anyone else has this issue...I was taking 2x 750mg twice a day. After a couple of days, I have issues with almost uncontrollable anger. I am so mad ALL of the time. Every day my body will be wound up so tight that all I can do is try to scream as loud as I can then wait a few seconds and scream again. Everything sets me off. It has gotten to the point I Celt like driving my car off the road into a ditch as fast as I can. The last time I felt this, I looked down and was driving just under 100 mph. :shock: :( It was scary to say the least. I stopped taking the Citrulline and no anger after a day or two. I have stayed away for a few months now. I am NOT going through that again.
Sorry for rambling on. This last round was the third time I tried to take citrulline. Same thing each time. Thought I'd see if anyone else went through this too.

MyWifesMan
Hammock

Postby MyWifesMan » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:04 am

Never had the slightest such reaction. Of course, we are all chemical machines and each person is unique, thus the wide individual variations of reactions to common medications and supplements. WHENEVER a sudden symptom arises and a new supplement or med has recently been started, ALWAYS suspect whatever one you recently began.

Return to “Male Orgasm Difficulties/Erectile Dysfunction”