ED Problem Solved!

Erectile disfunction, premature ejaculation, delayed orgasm, etc.
txtwindad
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 13th, 1983

Re: ED Problem Solved!

Postby txtwindad » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:20 am

IM_a_Farmwife wrote:My DH takes 600 mg of L-Arginine with great success. I make sure he will never runs out. I keep 3 bottles around at all times. I might consider buying some enteric-coated fish oil for DH but I do have one question. We eat our own farm raised meat (both pork and beef and some chicken). Is essential fatty acids only found in seafood and fish? These are things we would have to buy to eat so it likely will not happen. DH will, on the other hand, buy supplements for a purpose.

As I understand it L-Arginine Doesn't survive digestion and actually does nothing for you. You are likely seeing a placebo effect. L-citruline is what you need to take. The body breaks it down to the l- arginine that is needed.

At least that's how it was explained to me. There's a whole thread on the subject of L- Citruline.
 "Baby, Baby go and fetch some water,
Pour it on me so's I don't melt.
Can't you see you've got me burnin' hotter
Than a black vinyl car seat in ..." Two Tons of Steel

ledgemoor
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 3rd, 1982

Postby ledgemoor » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:01 pm

Dad built mom a nice lily pond with a Ford 4000 and a frontend loader. People have been making ponds for thousands of years with much less :D.

I don't know about L-Arginine. MyWifesMan is using it or at least was using it with success. He is the resident expert on this sort of thing IMO :lol: . It doesn't seem that he would be unduly influenced by the placebo effect. However, I tried the exact brand the he is using, which has mostly L-Arg and a little L-Cit, and it did nothing for me. I am using it primarily to prevent muscle soreness from biking though. Maybe he will comment.

There are warnings galore all over the web, but you'd kind of expect that for natural substance that the pharmaceutical companies aren't making a killing off of.

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplemen ... L-ARGININE

http://www.livestrong.com/article/10398 ... -arginine/

If I were Farmer, I would try the L-Citrulline if he hasn't, and go with whatever works best. If they work the same, the L-Cit would be the safest choice. That way his body will hopefully make as much L-Arg as he needs.
Everything you ever wanted in life is just outside your comfort zone (Jamie Lee Curtis)

IM_a_Farmwife
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): September 24th, 1988
Location: We live in the wide open spaces of the beautiful Minnesota River Valley.

Postby IM_a_Farmwife » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:10 am

Ledgemoor,

Thanks for the warnings. My Farmer used to have constant BP of 230/110. It went even higher before I put my foot down and insisted he see the doc. Farmer actually started to get headaches which was the main reason he went in. I went with to the doc, and told him we didn't want to take BP pills that would leave us dealing with ED. Doc put Farmer on 5 mg of Lisinopril. Farmer's BP went too low so now he only takes a half of a pill. It has works flawlessly ever since. And now he is rock hard since taking L-Arginine. Placebo? Nope, doubt it.

I'm not too concerned with Farmer's BP going too low as a side effect from L-Arginine. It says that Arginine is great for the circulatory system. You see, all of Farmer's relatives have died from heart disease, every single one of them. When we married, we knew that Farmer's grandpa died suddenly on the steps of the farmhouse, before Farmer was born. As the years went by, we saw Farmer's uncles died suddenly, overnight, and in their sleep. They all died at the tender age of 68, from heart disease. I, then, went on ancestry to see if there is longevity on Farmer's side of the family. It looked pretty dismal. Farmer's mother died from heart disease at the age of 74. I guess the women get a few more years. Farmer's father had heart surgery and lived to be 90. Farmer's father also lost his mind from that surgery. Farmer saw his father suffer for years. Farmer has decided not to have heart surgery if the situation arises. I don't blame Farmer. So, you see, I have a double reason for Farmer to take L-Arginine, to avoid ED and to keep heart disease at bay. I have three bottles in the house at all times. Thanks for the additional info.

MyWifesMan
Hammock
Date of your marriage (past or future): February 25th, 1989

Postby MyWifesMan » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:02 pm

Update: I'm still taking the 5,000/1,000 L-Arginine/L-Citrulline combo (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D94CIC2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). I still get good results out of this combo. I think getting enough essential fatty acids is also important. I can go back on fish oil - at times after I've run out of my supplement combo a few days - and suddenly, WHAM, I'm getting unstimulated erections that are very obvious that something is the catalyst. I can guarantee you that the L-Arginine/L-Citrulline combo's efficacy is definitely NOT a placebo effect. In fact, when I run out the much better wood will linger a few days and then I can tell I'm not getting nearly as stiff. Back on the combo, about 2 - 4 days - WHAM, I'm back!

But you guys got me to thinking. I do believe that the L-Arginine may cause me some occasional bloating. I wonder if going to just an L-Citrulline powder, but increasing its dosage, might be as effective. I never tried over 3,000 mg/day of just the L-Citrulline. I tried the combo because I'd read where that might work better (the two ingredients in tandem). It sure seemed considerably more effective - and it's continued to make a big and CONSISTENT difference. I may experiment and try just the L-Citrulline powder at, say, 4,000 mgs/day. My blood pressure is not an issue with the L-Arginine - as it's excellent. Plus, I've lost 43 lbs. since last August. However, if I find that the L-Citrulline alone, at a higher dosage, is equally effective, I may just stick with that instead. Plus, the L-Citrulline powder is a good bit cheaper than the combo powder.

I'm a bit concerned with the occasional bloating, as I've developed an inguinal hernia :( , which bloating can't be helping.

ledgemoor
Under the stars

Postby ledgemoor » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:38 am

Mrs. Farmer: Glad it is working out for him. From my reading I think the important thing for heart health is to get some sort of regular exercise that elevates your heart rate for an extended period. A lot of guys are strong, working construction or farming, but don't really do anything that keeps their heart rate up for more than a few minutes. And may as well do something fun that feeds the soul as well as the body. Also, as you age, being buff is important, I think moreso for a man than a woman. I think there is a correlation between belly fat and heart attacks in men.

MyWifesMan, thanks for the update. I'm taking 6 grams per day of 2:1 L-Citrulline:Mallate. I just ordered some and paid about $42 delivered per kilo from Amazon Prime. I have used 1:1, and it worked a little better for muscle soreness but not quite as well for erections. Plus the taste of the 2:1 is more tolerable.

Hope you get the hernia fixed soon. There is a photo on Wikipedia I just looked at. Ouch!
Last edited by ledgemoor on Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Everything you ever wanted in life is just outside your comfort zone (Jamie Lee Curtis)

happy_man
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 21st, 2009

Postby happy_man » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:27 am

To MyWifesMan. I followed your route. I added L-Citrulline in powder for 2x 1.5mg a day as well as keeping the fish oil 2x 1000mg, twice a day. Everything is still good after 3 months. I read your post on adding L-Arginine so have ordered some powder from Amazon. I'll let you know the results as I'm always keen to seek improvements! I stopped the cayenne capsules though due to the heartburn. I'll stick to adding cayenne pepper to my food.
Anecdotally, I took L-Citrulline capsules on holiday (didn't want to explain white powder to customs!) and I definitely noticed a drop in performance after a several days on the capsules. So it was back to the powder for me as soon as I got home.

ledgemoor
Under the stars

Postby ledgemoor » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:07 am

Strange. Were you taking the same total dose with powder vs capsules? Same ratio of L-Citrulline and Malic Acid?

MyWifesMan
Hammock

Postby MyWifesMan » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:19 pm

The powder L-Citrulline/L-Arginine powder still working great. If I run out, about two days out, definitely notice the difference. Third day back on, EVERY time, boom, I'm back.

I will add this: While it's one thing to be able to get a consistently good erection, that doesn't necessarily simultaneously fire up the libido. To also make that best kick in, I need to be very consistent about having (3-4 times per week) sex. So, if I want the libido to really rev up, I need to do what best makes that happen: Sex! But if we get life busy and neglect making sex a priority, my libido will really slide. My days of just naturally expecting an optimum libido are gone. I need to keep the machine in constant use. And just about every time we have a period of less sex, upping frequency makes me, rather quickly, desire sex far more. The other thing is that my libido is really helped by intentional sexual thinking - spending time thinking about what turns me on and all of the possibilities, as well as how to maximize the potential such.

ledgemoor
Under the stars

Postby ledgemoor » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:40 pm

I've tried letting semen build up for 3 or 4 days. I get really horny, but my erections are not stellar. I can get the job done, but go soft for periods during foreplay. If I ejaculate at least every - other day, I am fine.

Just recently I had gone 3 days without. I needed release when I awoke but DW wasn't available, so I took care of myself. I never got totally hard during the whole process except at the very end. We did it that evening, and I was rock-hard thru the whole encounter, and it felt like I had a reasonable amount of semen.

So use it or lose it. I figure at this rate, I will need it at least twice a day by the time I am 90 :-)

MyWifesMan
Hammock

Postby MyWifesMan » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:45 pm

Well, Ledge, I was gonna say you're a good bit younger than me, however, I see I only pulled ahead by a smidgen, just last week. :lol:

ledgemoor
Under the stars

Postby ledgemoor » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:59 am

Congratulations!

MyWifesMan
Hammock

Postby MyWifesMan » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:15 pm

Thanks! And I'll keep an eye on my rear view mirror, for that guy on my bumper! :D

ghostrider
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): October 30th, 2000

Postby ghostrider » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:04 am

MyWifesMan wrote:Today, as I've posted, the L-Arginine/L-Citruline makes a huge difference for me.

I just realized that my Six Star Pre-Workout N.O. Fury (energy kool-aid powder and/or pills) from Walmart is made up of both of these L's. I don't take it everyday though. Maybe I should take it before bedroom activity and not just before a boot camp class?
Do I need to take it daily or just before "workouts" (aka nightly :) )

doug-h
Fell out of ...
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 20th, 1982

Postby doug-h » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:30 am

I took it for a long time, and have been off of it for about a month. I started with 3 grams 3 times a day, and started tapering off, to see what the minimum useful dose was. I was doing pretty well at 2 grams in the AM, and 2 grams approx 12 hours later. I havent had "problems" since I quit taking it, but there are some differences that have become evident, so I will be returning to it. Some of those differences might be related to increased frequency, and Im sure stress has had a negative impact.

It had a real positive impact on my BP, which runs just shy of clinical hypertension(pre-hypertension), and dropped about 5 points on both systolic and diastolic. Definitely worth experimenting with, and this thread has gjven me tbe resolve to re-stock, and see if I cant get my plasma levels.elevated before I get home tonite. Back to the bolus dosage for a few days.

ghostrider
King bed

Postby ghostrider » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:45 pm

I went to the health food store and found a L Complex. Its 750mg Arginine HCI and 250 Citrulline per pill. Is this the right mix for the results I want? How many do you think I should have per day? The bottle says 1 pill 4 times daily.

Also, just to clarify, is this something I need to take for a while to let it build up in my system, or should i dose just before sex and see immediate results?

With the energy pills/powder it always felt short term - If I took them then ended up not working out, I had nervous energy.

doug-h
Fell out of ...

Postby doug-h » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:27 pm

There are very few contraindications to taking the suppliment in some pretty extreme doses. Herpes is mentioned in a lot of publications(including cold sores), as for whatever reason, arginine tends to exacerbate the symptoms. Also, any problems with hypotension(low blood pressure) should be evaluated.

I have read of doses as high as 30-40 grams administered by IV, with no adverse reactions.

I was on a dose of 3 grams, 3 times a day for several months with no adverse reactions.

There is a ton of information on the web, but obviously, all of it is suspect as to source. I tended to look to actual medical trials for my information, but there is nothing absolutely conclusive.

When you take it is somewhat subjective. I was taking it for tbe overall health benefits, in addition to a minor ED problem, so the twice or thrice daily dosage made sense to me. If your intent is strictly erformance enhancement, then I would recommend a couple of grams approx 90 minutes before anticipated sexual activity to allow it time to enter the bloodstream. If it was arginine alone, the data I've found suggests the plasma serum levels drop pretty quickly by 3 hours, but the citruline/arginine combination maintains the levels much longer.

You would probably be fine taking a 4 gram dose now(I did about an hour ago) and then another smaller dose about 90 minutes prior to sex.

For financial reasons, I would start fairly high, then if the results are positive, taper the dose down over time to find the minimum dosage that works reliably for you.

ghostrider
King bed

Postby ghostrider » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:52 am

I took 4 g yesterday and did fine in my workout around 7 pm. I didn't take any more after dinner and we didn't have sex. I tried to test my response in the shower last night and only made it to half-mast.

Got the blood test results from Dr this morning - which I posted in SC's "Next Steps" thread in the low T section. Looks like I'm very much on the low end there. Thoughts?

doug-h
Fell out of ...

Postby doug-h » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:01 am

I wouldnt rule out a benefit just yet.

Try it during the real thing and see if it does anything for you. I can never get past half mast by myself, and havent even bothered for about 5 months, but it works just fine when I need it to. You may have something going on mentally.

I was expecting good results last night, and was rather impressed, for a good 30-40 minutes, and woke up with a towel hook this morning. It could have been the supplement, or my expectations, or both, but it worked very well for me, and could have probably managed twice last night if the rest of my body was up to it.

That hasnt been the case while I wasnt taking it.

ghostrider
King bed

Postby ghostrider » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:42 am

Do the L- supplements actually help T levels any or just the circulation/erection performance?

doug-h
Fell out of ...

Postby doug-h » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:55 pm

As far as I know, it only affects circulation.

Return to “Male Orgasm Difficulties/Erectile Dysfunction”