TRT and Drive

Low testosterone issues, impacts on health & marriage, treatments, etc.
SeekingChange
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 17th, 1994

Re: TRT and Drive

Postby SeekingChange » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:28 am

Thank you for sharing! It is very helpful to me.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, find comfort, survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years...then she did something new.

My Story

SeekingChange
Under the stars

Re: TRT and Heart rate

Postby SeekingChange » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:56 pm

Another question.... has anyone dealt with TRT raising your resting heart rate? What does it mean?

My husband has noticed that his resting HR is in the 90's, even into 100's. He has wondered if that has to do with him not sleeping well and his nocturnal erections. It use to be in the 60's to 70's.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, find comfort, survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years...then she did something new.

My Story

GaryB
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): December 26th, 1981

Postby GaryB » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:35 pm

I’m 57 and been on TRT for nearly a year now. My resting HR has been in the 50’s and low 60’s. But wife and I also cycle 100-140 miles per week along with refereeing soccer on the weekends.

-GaryB

SeekingChange
Under the stars

Postby SeekingChange » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:55 pm

My husband does weight lifting 3x a week, and he is intentional to do it in a way to be a cardio workout as well, and then plays racquetball 2x a week. He said he remembers reading a raised HR can be a side effect.

My Story

nativeson
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 4th, 2013

Re: TRT and Heart rate

Postby nativeson » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:23 pm

SeekingChange wrote:Another question.... has anyone dealt with TRT raising your resting heart rate? What does it mean?

My husband has noticed that his resting HR is in the 90's, even into 100's. He has wondered if that has to do with him not sleeping well and his nocturnal erections. It use to be in the 60's to 70's.

Lawsuit. Plaintiff claimed TRT treatment caused heart attack and blood clots. Plaintiff won $3.2 million
https://www.law.com/nationallawjournal/ ... 0301221936

ledgemoor
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 3rd, 1982

Postby ledgemoor » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:30 pm

I have not experienced increased resting heart rate from TRT, and have never heard of it being a problem for anyone else. I am not taking HCG, however.

He has wondered if that has to do with him not sleeping well and his nocturnal erections.

TRT typically IMPROVES sleep.

Nocturnal erections are normal, occurring several times a night during REM sleep.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nocturnal ... tumescence
Unless his vas deferens is full and he needs release, it does not normally wake a guy. Perhaps he was not having them when his testosterone was low, and it will take some time to get used to having them again. But I have never had them keep me awake (unless I need release) or heard of anyone else experiencing this.

Can he ejaculate and go back to sleep?
Everything you ever wanted in life is just outside your comfort zone (Jamie Lee Curtis)

Unfulfilled
Hammock
Date of your marriage (past or future): September 5th, 1989

Postby Unfulfilled » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:41 am

Just a wild thought.

But testosterone replacement can increase hematocrit. Could it be possible that the blood has thickenend to an extent that the heart has to work haeder to push the thick blood through the veins and capillaries?
Is his blood pressure high?

Maybe have his hematocrit level checked.

Just a thought.

SeekingChange
Under the stars

Postby SeekingChange » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:11 am

No, his blood pressure wasn't high.

My Story

SeekingChange
Under the stars

Re: TRT and Snoring

Postby SeekingChange » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:12 am

Has anyone experienced snoring worsening with TRT? I am trying to understand why this seems to be happening.

My Story

Hoosier52
King bed

Postby Hoosier52 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:19 am

This is common. ExcelMale has a topic on this. Search "snoring". A couple of studies are cited there by Nigel Vergel, the mod.

tentsofpurple
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): December 4th, 2004

Postby tentsofpurple » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:35 am

My dh did actually start snoring worse and until just now I didn't put it together with T replacement but the timing fits. He always snored a bit but usually I could nudge him onto his side and it would stop but recently (in the past few years) it seems to have worsened and he actually has been diagnosed with sleep apnea and has a cpap machine (which he uses sparingly as congestion from allergies interferes with it). I had no idea testosterone replacement could cause that I'll have to check out the studies Hoosier posted about.

SeekingChange
Under the stars

Postby SeekingChange » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:40 am

It is nice to know we aren't alone, and that it is common.... now to figure out how to keep it from robbing me of sleep :?

My Story

Unfulfilled
Hammock
Date of your marriage (past or future): September 5th, 1989

Postby Unfulfilled » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:00 am

One of the symptoms of low T is poor sleep, not getting into deep sleep.

So I wonder if by having sufficient T in the body, the person sleeps deeply maybe for the first time and by sleeping deeply they now snore.

Just a guess as why a person would start snoring after thrt

be64
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): March 25th, 1988

Postby be64 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:09 pm

I’m 53 and have been in testosterone for more than five years. I would say that the most dramatic change I noticed was an increase in sex drive. Like I was twenty again. This and improved performance and pleasure.
The secret to having everything is believing you already do!

Return to “Male Testosterone Issues”